I’m still working on my new 2023 pricing and updating my website but I found this document from the working version of Chelsea and Tanner’s Sedona ATV Elopement. As elopement photographers and local Arizonans, we do so much more than just take the photos of your event. Some of my clients are familiar with the Grand Canyon, Sedona or Arizona at large but most of them have no idea how to plan their elopement for Arizona. Usually they have a little bit of an idea about how they want to spend their time, what the day will feel like and what kinds of scenery they want to get married in.
Chelsea and Tanner really didn’t know Arizona at all, they were coming to us from Wisconsin but they knew they wanted to have fun and get dirty for their wedding day. Sarah Kay and I threw out so many ideas, including a lot with water – padding and exploring slot canyons at Lake Powell…. but then we realized they were afraid of water and “not water people” so we planned a desert wedding in Sedona instead. We needed that adventure component and offered up the idea of a Sedona ATV elopement, to which they excitedly agreed.
Here is a working version of what we started to put together and then fine tuned.
- ALL DAY Itinerary idea for 4h ATV rental – Photo/planning $3,500 – Sarah Kay allday+officiant and florals $1,500
Sunset is at 6:26pm/ Moonrise 2:11am
- Starting off earlier in the day on ATV’s for stops on the Diamondback Gulch ATV road
First Look – Putting on the dress in the tent we have, seeing each other in photos, having your friends help you, hold a mirror, ect.
- Boutonniere Pinning/receiving bouquet – share any gifts
- Driving off on ATV’s for ceremony on Broken Arrow Trail
- Walk to Submarine Rock for ceremony(or if you actually want to do a hike, I can look into other locations for the ceremony and celebration)
- Bring ATV back – Drive to Secret Slick Rock and chill there, hangout and eat some light foods and relax
5.b option – Get out to hike Cathedral Rock from Secret Slick Rock (maybe 5 total miles, there and back) so that we end up on the top at sunset
5.c. option- Drive to Secret SlickRock- hangout and eat some light foods and relax take some photos around sunset and picnic until dark sky is dark enough
- Star photos on Secret Slickrock Trail with cathedral rock silhouette
B. All Day + Glamping Itinerary ATV 8h + overnight and glampout – Photo/planning $5,000 – Sarah Kay allday+officiant, florals, day of coordinator with helpers for food and glamping setup $3,500. Materials charge may apply. Does not include food cost.
Sunset is at 6:26pm/ Moonrise 2:11am/ Sunrise is at 6:13am
- Meet at airbnb/lodge for getting ready photos – detailed shots and joint #1?!
- Get rental ATV/Jeep (CanAm – 2875 W State Rte 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336 /https://www.atvsedona.com/)
- Starting off on ATV’s for stops on the Diamondback Gulch ATV road First Look – Putting on the dress in the tent we have, seeing each other in photos, having your friends help you, hold a mirror, ect.
- Boutonniere Pinning/receiving bouquet – share any gifts joint #2?!
- Driving off on ATV’s for ceremony on Broken Arrow Trail
- Walk to Submarine Rock… or if you actually want to do a bit more of a hike, I can look into other locations for the ceremony. It could mean the feeling in the middle of Photos with Mac.
- Drive off to a glamping location for dinner, smores, joints #3?!, night sky photography, maybe some games, or fly a kite – and merriment! Might be able to have quiet music, I will really double check.
- Sunrise photos.. A hike? Sunrise new day ceremony in pjs!? One last drive around?(I have no idea when the ATV needs to be returned. Would be nice to do something ceremonial for the new beginning.
Price Considerations. Ideally, you would also take care of an ATV for Sarah Kay and I. Although my vehicle can do this, it won’t be as easy to take photos shooting from inside a vehicle with glass as well as in so much dust. We always preview the itineraries that we make, so there is a good chance we will get out there and try it in my car anyway.
https://www.atvsedona.com/ – is the only place that allows them overnight, all the rest have to be back before sunset which is a real bummer but we could always return midday and walk somewhere else for sunset. It might be a bit busier but we can do our best.
ATV RENTAL PRICES +200 overnight charge
1 person RS1: $425 + Tax
2 person RZR-Trail S 1000: $650 + Tax
4 person RZR-XP 1000: $649 + Tax
I DON’T KNOW IF YOU CAN DO HALF DAY + OVERNIGHT BUTTT
2 person RZR-XP 1000 : $375 + Tax
4 person RZR-XP 1000: $425 +Tax
Okay! Here is some info that I collected:
Fire Info – The “city bonfire” is still an open flame without an off switch and would be considered no less safe than any fire. Unfortunately, that means if there is any fire restriction then we can’t do it but I think we can otherwise. To be sure, we can have a fire in dispersed camping nearby provided that there aren’t any fire restrictions. We could also get a small fire blanket for it to be as safe as possible.
Light Food – Charcuterie (things like dried and fresh fruit, pickles, olive, cured meats, cheeses, nuts), Champagne and a light dessert for 4-6 people, marshmallows and s’mores supplies (if there is open flame capability) $150 (we think)
1.TRAVEL HAIR+MAKEUP ARTIST
Hair only: $125
Makeup Only: $125
Travel: starting at $35
Gratuity: 15% of total service price
4. Www.heylobeautyco.com Instagram.com/heylobeautyco
PLACES TO STAY
This is in Jerome – a bit further away but a super cool place to see – https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12923436?adults=4&check_in=2022-09-19&check_out=2022-09-20&federated_search_id=a77664c4-79fc-42a1-9b24-1e28ba95d161&source_impression_id=p3_1646846765_LsfOwBSKYqNEf7ev
More expensive but looks amazing – https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/39396997?adults=4&check_in=2022-09-19&check_out=2022-09-20&federated_search_id=b6a32711-907b-429b-b5ce-b85149edc4e1&source_impression_id=p3_1646846908_HaB%2BQHFaZ8BXMGzs
Unique – good for stars – https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/21830987?adults=4&check_in=2022-09-19&check_out=2022-09-20&previous_page_section_name=1000&federated_search_id=b6a32711-907b-429b-b5ce-b85149edc4e1
Food on Location
1. Canyons and Chefs – Billy
2. Mae Taylor – https://www.taylormaedean.com/
My menus are all vegan. I am a plant based chef so I do not cook or serve meat, fish, eggs or alcohol. My food is amazing, I cook for a variety of people who have many different diet all enjoy the service and food! Price starts at $100 per person
3. Chef Nick- firstname.lastname@example.org – Chef Nick’s Menu